I have now gathered all of my supplies for TKGA Master Knitter level 1 program. My swatches will be knit using Cascade 220 in white (I have to ball the skeins this weekend), and my mittens will be knit using Cascade 220 Superwash in blue with a black stripe on Knitter's Pride Karbonz size 3.75mm dpns. (I love these needles, btw. )
I also have my 2inch, three ring binder, sheet protectors, dividers, and swatch tags purchased from Staples for my Master Level 1 Knitter submission. I am hoping to cast on Swatch #1 this weekend.
I have made arrangements to join Hunterdon County's Knitting Guild, and am going to my first meeting next Friday, June 21st. They have Master Knitter, level 3 members.
I have made good progress on my Plymouth mitered corner baby blanket. As you can see it's a square, worked on the diagonal. I am a bit more than half done, will have to weave in the ends, add a garter stitch edge and block it - but am pleased with what I've accomplished this week. This is knit on number 7 circs, using Plymouth Encore. I am liking this blanket more and more as I knit.
I have also managed to add approximately 12 inches of stockinette stitch to my Plymouth Heart Baby Carriage Blanket, from that stitch marker to the needles. This is also knit on number 7 circs, using Jojoland Invention. Once again, I've discovered that knitting with a variegated colored yarn does not yield the same results that I envisioned when first casting on. For some reason I am always sucked in by color, but am left dis-satisfied with end results. I will finish this blanket, but it's not my favorite. it has been good exercise in trying to keep my stockinette stitches even.
I have also gathered some articles for my research paper on The Blocking and Care of Knitted Fabric, which is to be at minimum two, single spaced pages and no more than four.
So, all in all - it's been a fairly productive week :)